MY JOURNEY

MY JOURNEY
SOMETIMES YOU REALLY DO HAVE TO DO IT WRONG TO FINALLY GET IT RIGHT.

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Okay, I do apologize to anyone following my blog. I have neglected you over the past few weeks but I did have an excuse. Moving to hopefully the final house ever!!! Next, kicking and screaming, I'll only be pried from here to head to the assisted living facility. Circumstances explained, hope you accept.
Now for a good ole southern rant...school is back in. It happens every year. Here on the grand strand I have issues with the big yellow kid transporters. Why in heavens name do they allow school bus drivers to make stops on four lane highways? Let me expand on this.
Back in the ancient times when I participated the annual ritual known as school, a bus made one stop in the neighborhood. The pickup and drop off location was centrally located, requiring kids to walk blocks from most any direction to experience the right to ride. Hey, kids actually got a little exercise.
Grand Strand bus routes, here I go. Anyone who has visited Myrtle Beach knows that there are basically tow main roadways to use, 501 and 544. 501 can be a virtual parking lot most any given day, especially Friday and weekends, traffic bumper to bumper traveling at the speed of a snail. 544 is typically better but again, it is a major route.
Picture the big yellow kid transporter traveling the four lane portal to and from the beach. Why would the driver be allowed to make stops on a four lane major highway? I mean a lot of stops, every block in many cases, backing up two lanes of traffic behind it. And guess what, it's the four o'clock rush hour to boot. REALLY? Why can't you pull into the side street and pick up and let out the kids? Does this stop and go crap on a major four lane tourist roadway make sense? And why every stinking block?
I'm feeling Road Rage II coming on...and bus drivers be very, very afraid. Possibly this will be a subplot in the next Detective Trudy Wagner novel. Joy, Joy, Joy, this is only the first day of a school year yet to come. Puts a new spin on retirement pondering, doesn't it?

No comments: