MY JOURNEY

MY JOURNEY
SOMETIMES YOU REALLY DO HAVE TO DO IT WRONG TO FINALLY GET IT RIGHT.

Friday, May 30, 2014

I'm typically laid back; a southern thang. Oddly when I moved to the beach in 2005 and got my physical before starting work at new job, the doc put me on a pill a day blood pressure medicine. Move to beach = high blood pressure, go figure. Not to worry, slight elevated blood pressure would not be of much concern, laid back, not going to let it.

2014, Friday, laid back week begins. Smoke detectors, necessary evil...life savers right? Only when working properly. We've been in house for almost a year. The beeping began last night. I removed the culprits and placed them in the laundry room, would purchase 9 volt batteries today and did. Ex-owners, sneaky and underhanded, had disconnected five of eight detectors and removed batteries. I replaced and hook all of them up. Beeping persisted. I unplugged the five figuring these were defective, the other three beeped on. I trouble shot those three up and down the ladder more times than I dare count. Beeping still, blood pressure testing the power of the single pill.

I'm pounding on the keys to the none stop peeping. Enough is enough. Going to go get the ladder and remove all of them and place them in the garage until I can figure this thing out. Heck, I grew up without them, I can sure do without them for a while. Nothing is ever easy in the world of modern technological wonders; wonder who thought these pieces of crap up...probably an insomniac or an idiot with a peeping fetish.

Next book, Smoke Detector Rage...murder and mayhem, room by room, with a baseball bat...smoking them, one peep at a time...

Insanity creeps closer, must go get the ladder now...if I don't return...%#&@&

ALL SMOKE DETECTORS HAVE BEEN REMOVED AND PLACED IN THE GARAGE. PEEPING CONTINUES FROM THE HOLE IN THE WALL...HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE? I'M A TAD PISSED NOW. NO, I'M A LOT PISSED!!!

No comments: