MY JOURNEY

MY JOURNEY
SOMETIMES YOU REALLY DO HAVE TO DO IT WRONG TO FINALLY GET IT RIGHT.

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Okay, I admit it. I've been taking a blogging nap so sue me. Sometimes life comes at you so blogging fast and furious. I'm juggling a tad too many projects possibly. I leap frog from one to the other, progressing all forward. Here's my writing life in a nut shell.

  1. I've completed a non fiction novel; well the content from start to finish. It has been by far my toughest writing project. True stories take focus; especially those that are tragic and just a tad too close to home, literally. There are still many more details to iron out before this will be ready for the real world but the main part is history.
  2. I've stumbled into another potentially major project. A classmate and I are entertaining the idea of collaborating and merging our self taught talents. We'll announce this one as it develops.
  3. Beach Author Network has their first major event coming up June 1st, Books to the Beat, to benefit Jason's House. Check out my Face Book page for details.
  4. I'm currently over 160 pages into another novel based on actual events in Bucksport, S.C., tentatively titled The Hardwood Walker of Ports Harrelson Road.
  5. Two books are currently being proof read: The Perfect Spook House, and Buttermilk and Cornbread, Good Ole Home Cooked Nostalgic Nonsense.  
  6. Somewhere along the way I completed two other books (1) Bully on Board, short stories about bullying (2) Fostering Four: my memoir on being a foster parent. That brings my total of completed books to 18, 4 of which have been published
  7. Others books in various stages of completion are"
    • Just Who the Heck are the Joneses (mystery)
    • Raw Ride (zombies take over the wild west)
    • Love Stories from the Man Cave (four stories)
    • Whomping the Golf Ball (short stories as experienced by the Original Whomper)
    • Second memoir to follow Buttermilk and Cornbread (Pass the Hash Please, More Nostalgic Nonsense in a Pot)
    • Drum Stick and Jack-O-Lantern ( a kid's book)   
As Paul Harvey would say, and now you know the rest of the story.

No comments: