MY JOURNEY

MY JOURNEY
SOMETIMES YOU REALLY DO HAVE TO DO IT WRONG TO FINALLY GET IT RIGHT.

Tuesday, September 9, 2014


‘The Griswolds Have Nothing on Us’
Pre-Cruise Madness
 

Okay, I concede; we are four technically, two couples, brother-in-law and sister-in-law as related to me. I could name names but sometimes it is best to protect those who don’t often protect themselves. Wink…nod…some of you will figure it out anyway. I’m still not over those three biscuits by a long shot though. One is a lonely number but this one never forgets. Ask anyone. I take half a day off from work on the day before the embarkation date. We decide to drive close to Jacksonville so we’re the first in line the next day. We eventually circle the wagons about thirty miles from our destination, plenty of daylight to burn but close enough to call; Comfort Inn becomes our campsite; we do have a rewards card after all. Two rooms…perfect… 

Our rooms have king sized beds, are roomy and have min frigs, microwaves and those one cup coffee makers.  And what does the brother-in-law do and we are glad we weren’t with him when he asked? He goes to the lobby and asks the front desk attendant for a coffee pot because one is missing from theirs. No pot is required she explains. Just place one of the provided cups underneath, add water, the supplied coffee and press start. Coffee pot…really. One must learn to get out of Abbeville (subliminal hint) more often. Sister-in-law decides she wants one of those reward cards so she can receive all the quirks that come along with them. Quirks…perks…sound sort of alike, don’t they? Quirk: something strange happens for reasons that you do not know or understand. She is sort of quirky. Perks are privileges granted. Strange happening or privileges, she may as well have had utters; we milked the quirk angle for the remainder of the vacation. She is our female ‘Norm Crosby.’ Google him if you are too young or too quirky to get it.  

Writer and blogger privileges, perks of the trade; I decide what I write and all are primed and fair targets. I didn’t take my laptop but I have an elephant’s memory. I file things away but store them up for later. In this case, I did things the old fashioned way, note tablet and pen. At the end of the day I converted those chronicled events to paper, saving the quirkiness for now, perks indeed. We haven’t even gotten to the cruise yet. Bear with me, wild and craziness looms ahead as only I can spin it.

No comments: