MY JOURNEY

MY JOURNEY
SOMETIMES YOU REALLY DO HAVE TO DO IT WRONG TO FINALLY GET IT RIGHT.

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Check out the Beach Author Network blog: http://beachauthornetwork.blogspot.com
We're presently featuring Robert (Bob) O'Brien's novel, The Toppled Pawn, another Prose Press classic.
I've read this dozzy and it's tough to add to the great review Mary Anne Benedetto has already written and posted on my blog so I'll add my spin.

May, two years ago, shortly after I arrived home from work one afternoon, the doorbell rang and my wife said someone was at the door to see me. I recognized the man standing there clutching a book, having seen him walking his dog in the afternoon. He introduced himself as Bob O'Brien and looked puzzled. He commented 'you're not Mister O'Neil.' We had bought the house from the O'Neils a year ago. He apoligized and was about the excuse himself, saying he had just published his first novel, The Toppled Pawn, and said O'Neil had been interested in writing a novel so he just wanted to show him it was possible. I told him that was interesting; I dabble in writing. He asked if I had a manuscript. I told him I had ten. He then said that he and I needed to talk. He had started a publishing company, Prose Press and stated we needed to get me published.
Okay, not one to ignone signs, I looked over at my wife and said what are the odds of a publisher coming to your front door, looking for another man who also was interested in writing a novel and finding me instead. You can't ignore things like this. Road Rage saw the light of day several months later. He left the copy of the Toppled Pawn with me and read it cover to cover and was impressed by his, as he called it, scribling.
I became a published author from that chance meeting but more priceless, I made a lifelong friendship.


Bob's novel can be purchased  @Amazon or Barnes and Noble.


  And if you have a story worth publishing, contact Bob. He has assisted us hungry authors in publishing about twenty books so far.

http://www.prosepress.biz
Prose Press    843-237-9929

No comments: