MY JOURNEY

MY JOURNEY
SOMETIMES YOU REALLY DO HAVE TO DO IT WRONG TO FINALLY GET IT RIGHT.

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

More raves for new book release, The Caregiver's Son, Outside the Window Looking In:

Want a copy? Go to Amazon or Barnes and Noble and type T. Allen Winn in the search window to get yours. http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_sabc?url=search-alias%3Daps&pageMinusResults=1&suo=1368056150640#/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=T.%20Allen%20Winn&sprefix=T.+Al%2Caps&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3AT.%20Allen%20Winn



Tom,
I have started reading your book. There are things you say in there that I have laughed so hard at. You are a hoot! Anxious to read some more.
Debbie


Tom Winn
I just finished reading "The Caregiver's Son" & I want to tell you great job!! The last 50 or so pages,I've had goose bumps, burning eyes, tears starting to fall as I was along the journey with you. Thank you for this look into caregivers' lives. Many of us have had or will have this come into our lives. Keep up the writing; I'm looking forward to reading more of your musings!!


Subject: The Caregiver's Son

T. Allen:

Almost read your book at one sitting yesterday, but actually finished the last chapter and short story after Lilly Grace Davis was born (8#1oz / 20" long).

Knowing you as long as I have, the story struck a lot of familiar chords, but sure filled in a lot of blanks for me...good blanks, rich blanks, gaps that help me gain understanding and texture about your life.

So much of "getting" life is understanding how the Lord is so much more interested in shaping our character than He is in our comfort. Your story, especially the 11 month "caregivers boot camp" is a touching and well drawn "slice of life" that touches a friend like me or any reader starting that "3rd and final act" of the play.

How we try to balance the "living for ourselves" with "living for those that need us" is what defines a man in the end I guess - but we can over agonize about what we think we should do! Understanding and accepting God's Grace has a lot to do with how we find and make peace with life.

A Caregiver's Son helps us "less than fully motivated Caregivers" the direction and "kick in the pants" we often need.

Thanks for a good read that leaves the reader feeling better after reading it. Your "therapy" is every readers gain!

Your buddy...

Kirk

No comments: